The Department of Veteran’s Affairs Student Volunteer Program connects young people with opportunities to honor veterans through volunteer service at local VA medical centers. Volunteers have the opportunity to learn new skills and explore careers in the medical field. Students may qualify for college scholarships.
What do VA volunteers do?
Assist Veteran patients by augmenting staff with end of life care programs, foster care, community-based volunteer programs, hospital wards, nursing homes, and Veteran outreach centers.
How can I volunteer to help veterans in my area?
Department of Veterans Affairs Voluntary Service
To view volunteer projects in the area, volunteer, or donate, go to www.volunteer.va.gov/unitedweserve.asp. For more information or to volunteer for one of the programs listed above, go to www.volunteer.va.gov/ or call (800) 827-1000.
How do I get involved in helping veterans?
Or you can volunteer to assist with mock interviews, fundraising, career counseling or outreach to veterans and their spouses.
- Homes for Our Troops. www.homesforourtroops.org. …
- Honor Flight Network. www.honorflight.org. …
- Hope for the Warriors. www.hopeforthewarriors.org. …
- Operation Gratitude. www.operationgratitude.com.
How do you get involved in Wounded Warrior Project?
Here are a few ideas:
- Volunteer. Call your local VA medical center, and ask about volunteer opportunities.
- Advocate for wounded service members. …
- Help raise awareness. …
- Consider a financial gift. …
- Honor service members. …
- You can show your support for veterans by shopping with companies who support Wounded Warrior Project.
How do I volunteer at UVA hospital?
Volunteer at UVA Hospital
Learn more at uvahealth.com/volunteer or email the UVA Hospital Volunteer Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I volunteer for the USO?
If you do not see a USO center near you, please email email@example.com. If you do not find a USO location in your area, you can get involved with our mission through the many other ways to support – there are several options to join the Force Behind the Forces!
How do I find out what my VA benefits are?
If you have questions:
- Call 1-877-222-VETS (8387)
- Visit the Inquiry Routing & Information System (IRIS) website to search Frequently Asked Questions or ask a question on-line.
- Call 1-800-829-4833, if you are hearing impaired.