How can you get involved with the American Cancer Society?
We invite you to join our valuable and talented team of volunteers. Call us anytime at 1-800-227-2345 or visit cancer.org/volunteer to learn more about the American Cancer Society and find out how to get involved.
How can I get involved in cancer research?
- Give support. You can give support in everyday ways, such as helping people with cancer with meals and errands, or driving them to appointments. …
- Learn more about cancer. Help others by raising awareness and sharing what you know about coping with the disease. …
How do I get started in volunteering?
Here are the steps you can take to volunteer in your community:
- Decide which causes you care about.
- Identify the skills and knowledge you can offer.
- Create a volunteer resume.
- Determine how often you can volunteer.
- Research volunteer opportunities in your community.
- Consider using a volunteer site.
What are people doing to help cancer?
Some people with cancer will have only one treatment. But most people have a combination of treatments, such as surgery with chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy. You may also have immunotherapy, targeted therapy, or hormone therapy. Clinical trials might also be an option for you.
How many hope lodges are there?
Currently, there are more than 30 Hope Lodge locations throughout the United States and Puerto Rico. Accommodations and eligibility requirements may vary by location. To find out more about a Hope Lodge, please select one of the locations above.
What are examples of volunteering?
Volunteer For Things in Your Community:
- Volunteer at your local library.
- Volunteer to chaperone a field trip.
- Volunteer with a local nonprofit.
- Volunteer at an animal shelter.
- Volunteer at a community center.
- Volunteer as a lifeguard.
- Volunteer to be a crossing guard.
- Volunteer to do social media for a local org.
Is volunteering paid?
If you’re a volunteer, you’ll have no contract of employment. This means you decide how many hours you want to volunteer each week. You won’t be paid for your work, but can be paid for out of pocket expenses. This includes money spent on food, travel or childcare costs whilst volunteering.
Does volunteering lead to employment?
In addition to improving people’s skills and self-confidence, volunteering enhances the national skills base and therefore contributes to economic growth. … So yes, we can say volunteering can help some unemployed people get a job.