Write your letter showing the volunteer’s hours by keeping it short and simple. State the volunteer’s name, the time frame in which she volunteered and the total number of hours she volunteered during that time. Include a brief description of the type of work the volunteer provided during her time as a volunteer.
How do you document community service hours?
Key Information to Include in Your Volunteering Document
- Title of the Organization Where You Are Volunteering. The college admissions officer should be able to immediately know at which organizations you volunteered. …
- Activity Description. Describe your activity. …
- Average Hours Per Week and Average Weeks Per Year.
How can I prove my volunteer work?
The best way is to get a letter from the organization. If the organization no longer exists but you are still able to contact someone you worked with there, a letter from them may suffice. Some organizations give out certificates for hours/years of volunteer service, which may be suitable as proof.
How do you ask for volunteer hours?
Draft a letter
- WHO: are you/ told you about this position/ encouraged you to apply.
- WHY: are you contacting them/ are you interested in this position/ do you want to volunteer in this field/ get work experience in this field/ do you think you are suitable for this position/ should they appoint you.
Can I lie about community service?
It’s always bad to lie. You portrayed yourself as someone that cares so deeply about a cause or the community that you donate precious personal time to volunteering for such – and, in fact, by lying, you are the exact opposite of that.
How do you document community service?
Community Service Needs to be Documented in the Following Manner:
- Brief description of activity (2-3 sentences)
- Date and hours served.
- Signature and telephone of a supervisor (Non-family members only)
How do you keep track of community service?
A spreadsheet or table is probably the best way to track your community service hours. Community service hours are basically reported by honor code—as long as it seems realistic to the amount of time you had, a college isn’t going to dig deeper into anything. Definitely don’t lie though!
What is the size of a letterhead?
Letterheads are generally printed by either the offset or letterpress methods. In most countries outside North America, company letterheads are printed A4 in size (210 mm x 297 mm). In North America, the letter size is typically 8.5 x 11 inches (215 x 280 mm).