When we consider all facets of the organization, we place the Operation Smile charity rating at a strong B-. While they have some areas needing improvements, the organization is still providing a specialized and life-saving service to 12,000 children around the world each year.
What does the CEO of Operation Smile make?
The founder and CEO, William Magee, Jr. takes an annual salary of $387,000, plus $28,961 in retirement contributions. Operation Smile’s “fundraising counsel” is paid $1,538,792 a year.
How does Operation Smile make money?
Operation Smile’s administrative costs are 10% of revenues and fundraising costs are 27% of donations. This means Operation Smile’s total overhead costs are 37%. For every dollar donated, $0.63 go to the cause. This is outside of Ci’s reasonable range for overhead spending and has been for the past three years.
Is Smile Train and Operation Smile the same charity?
Wang and Brian Mullaney left the Operation Smile board to establish Smile Train. Smile Train pays local doctors to perform cleft surgeries, while Operation Smile sends doctors to other countries to do cleft surgeries. By the middle of last year, however, Mr. … Mullaney’s resignation as president of Smile Train.
What percentage of donations to St Jude’s go to patients?
Jude are proud that 82 cents of every dollar received has gone to support patients and research at St. Jude today and in the future.
Is Shriners a good charity?
The Four Star rating is Charity Navigator’s highest possible rating, indicating that Shriners Hospitals for Children adheres to best practices and executes its mission in a financially efficient way. “We are honored to have attained Charity Navigator’s highest distinction.
What country has the most cleft palates?
The states with the highest and lowest rates were Maryland (21.46) and West Virginia (2.59), respectively. The United States cleft lip national rate averaged 7.75. Countries with the highest and lowest rates were Japan (19.05) and South Africa (3.13), respectively.