VVA today is the only congressionally chartered national Vietnam veterans service organization. … The VVA is a respected charity that gives aid to all of America’s veterans, not just those of a particular age group or war.
Is Vietnam Veterans of America a good charity to donate to?
Good. This charity’s score is 85.92, earning it a 3-Star rating. Donors can “Give with Confidence” to this charity.
How does Vietnam Veterans of America rate as a charity?
This charity’s score is 85.92, earning it a 3-Star rating. Donors can “Give with Confidence” to this charity.
Is Vietnam Veterans of America a legitimate organization?
Mission: Founded in 1978, vietnam veterans of america is the only national vietnam veterans organization congressionally chartered and exclusively dedicated to vietnam-era veterans and their families. … In the past fiscal year, 17 new vva chapters have been chartered.
Is VVA org legit?
VVA is the only Congressionally chartered organization exclusively dedicated to Vietnam-era veterans and their families. Vietnam Veterans of America Inc. is a 501(c)(19) organization, with an IRS ruling year of 1984, and deductibiltiy of donations depends on various factors.
Which veterans charities are legitimate?
10 Highly Rated Wounded Veteran Charities
- The Gary Sinise Foundation. Charity Navigator Rating: Four stars. …
- Semper Fi Fund. …
- Special Operations Warrior Foundation. …
- Fisher House Foundation. …
- Freedom Service Dogs of America. …
- Air Warrior Courage Foundation. …
- Operation Second Chance. …
- Hope for the Warriors.
What is the best charity to donate items to?
Best Places to Donate Used Stuff
- Goodwill. With more than 3,200 thrift stores around the country, Goodwill is one of the most popular places to donate used goods. …
- Salvation Army. …
- Habitat for Humanity. …
- Pickup Please/ Vietnam Veterans of America. …
- AMVETS National Service Foundation. …
- Planet Aid. …
- Animal Shelters.
Are donations to Vietnam Veterans of America tax-deductible?
Vietnam Veterans of America, California – Acceptable Donations. Schedule a VVA Los Angeles donation pick-up today! All donations are tax-deductible and you’ll even receive a tax deduction receipt when your donations are picked up!
Is amvets a good charity to donate to?
The group Charity Watch consistently gives AMVETS NSF an “F” rating. The Better Business Bureau said AMVETS NSF does not meet five of the BBB’s standards for charity accountability. … Bartholomy said AMVETS NSF also sells donor’s personal information.
Is the Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund legitimate?
Our Financial Information
VVMF is a 501 (c)(3) nonprofit organization committed to honoring our nation’s veterans and educating this and future generations about the impact of the Vietnam War.
What will Veterans of America pickup?
- – Clothing of all types (men women’s and children)
- – Clothing accessories – purses, belts, ties, wallets.
- – Shoes (all kinds)
- – Baby items.
- – Housewares, glassware, and home decor.
- – Books, toys, bikes.
- – Stereos, radios and other working electronics.
- – Bedding, linens, draperies, curtains.
Does Vietnam veterans take furniture?
– Typically most veteran donation pickup programs accept clothing, furniture, shoes, books, toys. Just about anything. When you use the Donation Town directory you can get the local contact information for your VVA donation pick-up service and ask them directly about specific questions regarding your donations.
How much is a donated couch worth?
Sofa: $35 to $200. Towels: $0.50 to $4.
Is Purple Heart still picking up?
On behalf of Purple Heart, GreenDrop accepts donations of gently used clothing items and household goods. … To schedule an at-home pick up or to drop-off your tax-deductible donations at a Purple Heart donation location, call GreenDrop today at 888-944-3767 today. Purple Heart greatly appreciates all of your donations.
Does VVA take dvds?
ELECTRONIC: Stereo, radio, Xbox, Nintendo, Playstation, computers, laptops, monitors, DVD players, cameras, typewriters, and electronics. All types of small kitchen appliances. Not accepting TVs at this time. BOOKS: Hardcover, softcover, fiction and non-fictions, e-readers.