PHILANTHROPY DAY: A cute dress topped off by a denim jacket and paired with wedges will fit the bill nicely. Come prepared to listen and learn about which organization is closest to each sorority’s heart! SKIT/SISTERHOOD NIGHT: Semi-formal is the name of the game.
What is sorority Philanthropy Day?
“[Philanthropy Day is] meant to introduce you to each sorority on campus and their respective philanthropic initiatives,” she said. “There are different activities and projects that you guys will work on based on that [chapter’s initiative].”
What do you talk about on Philanthropy Day?
On this day you can expect to meet between 2 – 3 members. Questions to ask on this day: What are your favorite parts of your chapter’s philanthropy? What are you looking forward to this upcoming year? What are some of your favorite things about volunteering?
What is philanthropy during rush?
Philanthropy Round is usually the second or third round of sorority recruitment. … After each round of sorority recruitment, you vote on the sororities you want to keep and the sororities give each potential new member a score. Then, a process called mutual selection takes place.
What do you say in a philanthropy round?
Questions to ask during Philanthropy Round
- What does your sorority’s philanthropy mean to you?
- How do you personally get involve with your chapter’s philanthropy?
- Are there any events that your chapter puts on to promote your philanthropic partner?
- How can new members get involved with your chapter’s philanthropy?
What sorority is the hardest to get into?
Alpha Phi is the hardest to get into… Depending on how many legacies are going through recruitment, probably Kappa Delta is the hardest.
What kind of questions do sororities ask you?
Questions Sorority Members May Ask You:
- Where are you from? What’s your hometown?
- What dorm are you in?
- What classes are you taking?
- Do you have a major already?
- Did you have a fun summer? …
- How are you enjoying rush/recruitment?
- Have you met your roommate yet? …
- How are you enjoying your first week of school so far?
How do you stand out during Preference round?
here are 6 tips to help you stand out during pref.
- Tip #1 Tell them how you are feeling. You HAVE to open up to the sorority members this round. It is very important. …
- Tip #2. Confidence is key. I am a big believer that your attitude attracts the type of people in your life. …
- Tip #3. Ask questions.
What PNMs should I ask during philanthropy?
Important Questions to Ask PNMs
- What did you do in high school? …
- Have you done any philanthropic work? …
- How do you like [the name of your school] so far? …
- Why did you decide to come out for recruitment? …
- What did you do this summer? …
- Are you looking into any other clubs or other extra-curricular organizations?
What happens during rush?
What happens during rush week? During rush, fraternities and sororities have slightly different practices, but they all involve students getting to know more about Greek life. … Students can then pledge to join and go through an initiation process to become a full member or they can refuse the bid.
How do sororities decide who gets a bid?
Bid day/bid night: The day you receive a card informing you which sorority invited you to be a new member. After each round of recruitment, the PNMs rank the houses they went to in order of preference, and the sororities will rank the PNMs in terms of preference.