What questions are asked during philanthropy round?
On this day you can expect to meet between 2 – 3 members. Questions to ask on this day: What are your favorite parts of your chapter’s philanthropy? What are you looking forward to this upcoming year? What are some of your favorite things about volunteering?
What do you wear to a philanthropy round?
Round 2: Philanthropy Round
Again, you can stick with a skirt, shorts, statement pants, or a casual dress, but elevate the look with a slightly more formal top or accessories. You don’t have to wear heels during this round, but you totally can if you want to. Otherwise, flats will suffice.
What questions do sororities ask you?
Questions Sorority Members May Ask You:
- Where are you from? What’s your hometown?
- What dorm are you in?
- What classes are you taking?
- Do you have a major already?
- Did you have a fun summer? …
- How are you enjoying rush/recruitment?
- Have you met your roommate yet? …
- How are you enjoying your first week of school so far?
What is sorority Philanthropy Day?
“[Philanthropy Day is] meant to introduce you to each sorority on campus and their respective philanthropic initiatives,” she said. “There are different activities and projects that you guys will work on based on that [chapter’s initiative].”
What sorority is the hardest to get into?
Alpha Phi is the hardest to get into… Depending on how many legacies are going through recruitment, probably Kappa Delta is the hardest.
What should you not wear during rush?
Rush is not a club event. There’s no need to look like you’re going out to party. Refrain from deep necklines, booty shorts, backless dresses or cutouts, or things that are obviously too tight.
Do sororities choose based on looks?
Rank among the Greek life is based on appearance, both physically and within the Greek world. A lot of sororities have rules about dress, hair, and makeup, but many sororities will also take in women who simply fit the mould they’ve set out.
What should you not say during sorority recruitment?
So when talking to potential new members you need to:
- Speak positively about your sorority and sisters in your chapter.
- Avoid talking about sorority drama.
- No swearing or cussing.
- Don’t lie about your sorority.
- Don’t speak negatively about other sororities or fraternities.
- Don’t guarantee PNMs a bid to your sorority.
What are the 3 B’s sorority?
Stay away from the forbidden three B’s: boys, booze and bucks. Don’t brag about your crazy parties, how much money your parents have or the guys you date. These are not things you want them judging you on, and frankly, they make you sound ultra trashy.
What should you not do during sorority rush?
What to NOT do during recruitment.
- Don’t go into recruitment with only wanting to join one sorority. Like I said above, you want to stay open-minded throughout recruitment. …
- Don’t listen to gossip. You will hear gossip during recruitment. …
- Don’t only answer the members’ questions.
How do you impress a sorority during rush?
Sorority Rush Tips: 13 Ways to Get the Bid You Want
- 1) Be yourself. …
- 2) Do your research. …
- 3) Do not rely on reputations. …
- 4) Explore the different kinds of Greek life opportunities on campus. …
- 5) Learn how to best market yourself. …
- 6) Be outgoing. …
- 7) Dress the part. …
- Be honest with yourself.
What should I ask during recruitment?
- 1) Tell me about yourself. 2) How did you choose your major? 3) What are your hobbies? …
- 1) Tell me about your new member program. 2) What is a Big Sister/Little Sister? …
- 1) “Do you know so-and-so in your sorority?” Duh! 2) If you plan to name drop, stick to women you know in that sorority.